12.11.2007

walk score

while reading the paper (dallasnews.com) yesterday morning i found a link to take my "walk score." intrigued, i clicked on the site. since then i have been doing some thinking, and apparently my neighborhood's walk score has a big impact on my happiness as it relates to where i live so i thought i would share.

in recent years i have lived in several different neighborhoods. uptown and the m-streets, both of which have very high scores of 89 (uptown) and 82 (m-streets) were my favorites. the best parts of these neighborhoods are their proximity to "everything" and the fact that i can walk to do most anything.

walkscore.com even has a sidebar that allows you to see the scores of famous sites, like the apartment building where they lived on "friends" or the brady bunch house. enjoy!

i'm a nerd, i know.

1 comment:

Просто мысли said...

My walk score is 22… I was rather upset with it. And I was surprised to know that there is another score called drive score to evaluate my house. I found the way to calculate it online at Fizber site (http://drivescore.fizber.com/). I’ve got much better results – 44.