2.26.2009

we got the beat


so i took a little car ride to see my doctor this morning...with a lot of anticipation in my mind. you see, i took a pregnancy test recently and saw two lines. yes, two. kids, WE'RE HAVING A BABY!

so anyway, on the way to my first ultrasound this morning, i was having normal mom-like neurotic dreams, hoping that i would get to see the little ones legs, arms, heartbeat, etc!! and of all songs, the go-go's, "we got the beat" came on. i cranked it up and began having visions of the nurse dancing around the room singing that song as jay and i watched the little baby dance around. it was definitely a funny moment...

well, the nurse didn't dance, but the baby sure did! yes, our healthy little growing baby is already dancing up a storm in there - and in jay and me. we could not be more excited. watching that little one's heart beating brought tears to both our eyes. that was definitely one of "those" moments that i will remember forever. please pray for us as we prepare for this amazing journey. we are already completely in love and cannot wait to be parents to this beautiful gift from God!  september 30th, here we come!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!!!! I was wondering if/when you guys might. So very, VERY happy for you. You're gonna make such a great momma. :)

mollie said...

what a fabulous first picture! tell the baby that auntie m will be sure to capture his* good side once he makes his debut ;)


*and yes, that is me making my prediction.

Jill Atkinson said...

Yippee!! Congrats! You are going to be the most fun mom!!

Holly said...

Congratulations Katy and Jay!!! How exciting!! This baby will be such a wonderful blessing to your lives. I'm so happy for you!
Love,
Holly

molly said...

Oh Katy- when your mom told me last week you could probably hear me squeeling in big D! I am soo excited for you and Jay. It truly is a special time in your lives. Can't wait to meet the newest Link grandchild!!!

kinsey said...

congrats katy! i am due september 13th and go to your same doctor's office...i see Dr. Hays :-) maybe we'll run into each other over the next few months! ha.