5.26.2009

mommy things

well jay and i got our first dose of parenthood this weekend.  we stayed home for memorial day to shop for and register for our little man, and do/get some house stuff.  yes, normally these weekends are filled with time on the boat, getting a suntan and having hot dogs and brews...we were a little freaked out that we were doing the "responsible" thing, but i must say, we had a pretty good time and got a lot accomplished.  plus, i'm sure next year we will just take him with us, lather up the sunscreen, and go back to the lake.  ;)

so anyway, we have been quite the parental units lately.  i got a mom car (see below).  a total mom car.  i will say unless it is beyond my control, i plan to never have a mini-van.  so don't have a total meltdown on me...it's a very, very cute mom car, but alas, it's a mom car.  the volvo XC90.  i love it so far, it's my favorite car-color, black, and the leather is oh-so-plush.  volvo does the job there.  and of course, it's safe, the main concern of my over-protective husband (the man who asks me to leave any event to drive home early in the case of rain.  yes, i said rain.  he worries.  it's sweet).  so anyway, step one, mom car.  CHECK.

me, driving on the autobahn, or a stock photo, whichever...

step two, register, get a crib and a dresser, then name the kid. CHECK, CHECK, CHECK.

well, we at least started the registry. i am sure some of my mom-friends will help me with all the stuff we missed, but we had fun. so far, we have baby bliss and babys r us started. baby bliss is fun, babys r us is kind of a whip, but i guess it's a necessary whip. :)

crib is in tact, and without any tears! jay put it together in about an hour. dresser is still in boxes, but purchased.  it's all perfect. my mom was sweet enough to purchase our dwell bedding a few weeks ago, so we now have a crib, ready to go, just need little man to come and SLEEP, LOTS OF SLEEP. i'm thinking he will be a sleeper like his parents, maybe come home ready for nine hours straight? sleep until 9am on saturdays? what do you guys think?? ; )  hey, i can dream, right?

and speaking of little man, although we have yet to settle on his full name, we have one thing for certain, and that is what he will go by...it's always been in the back of my mind as a perfect name if i had a little boy, it honors my AMAZING family, plus it's a really cool name. and jay INSISTS on us using said name because he thinks it's pretty darn cool, too. so anyway, we bought letters this weekend for his room, so i guess we can make it official...





5 comments:

kinsey said...

so fun!!

1. love the mom car. i too have that covered...the lexus suv.

2. registered at the same places. and totally agree with you on the feeing of both. (going to go check out your lists right now even! ;-)

3. love his name! and branum is at the top of our list for a boy!! too funny! but so neat. love maiden names for first names.

yeah for this fun post! we weren't as good as yall though. we did go to the lake and we still haven't ordered a crib or bedding. oops. it's on the list for this week...

Unknown said...

Link. I love it. I could never do Nelson, though, because of that dang bully on the Simpsons. Hah-ha!

molly said...

LOVE LOVE the name - I always thought that would be a great first name- He has a lot to live up to with all the great Links in his little life. I just can't wait to meet him!!!!Love the mommy car too - much safer - I am with Jay.We need pics of you pregnant too on this blog!Love to you all

Jill Atkinson said...

LOVE LINK!!! What a name! It's so perfect! Glad you got a mom car. But careful not to prejudge the minivan . . . you might end up wanting one when you realize just how great they are with kiddos! (The minivan is #1 on my list for my next car and I SWORE I would never stoop).

Tigert Family said...

I love Link. I am all for last names as first names. My nephew is Gibson and Cater is my mothers madian name. How perfect!