11.12.2009

RIP, Norman

I woke up a few minutes ago to check on Link, not realizing he was actually still asleep and that I was really getting up to check on Norman. He had stopped eating recently and we were amidst day-long trips to the vet for tests to try and figure out what was wrong. Each day he seemed to get progressively worse. They had ruled it cancer and we were waiting for results on what type (either lymphoma or lukemia) to start chemotherapy and try to get our boy back to health. Obviously this was a rapid form of whatever it was (which I am sure we will find out tomorrow), because I found him laying in our closet (which he never does) and his breathing was heavily labored. I went in to get Jay and we both got back and started to pet him. He died moments later.

Please pray for Jay and me. This is like losing a family member for us - it was so fast, just this weekend he was still wagging his tail and able to go on walks, even chewed up the neighbor kid's football in our yard. :)

Norman was only three years old. He would have been four in April...and he lived more life in his three years than most dogs could possibly live in a lifetime.

Sweet, sweet, blessed Norman, you will be missed. We will see you in heaven, and I will bring plenty of tennis balls. Love you, buddy, rest in peace.

10 comments:

kinsey said...

oh katy. i'm in tears. i can't believe this. i will be praying for yall.

Tigert Family said...

Katy I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard this must be for you guys. Yall are in our prayers!

Holly said...

Oh Katy, I am so sorry. I know that Norman has been such a precious part of your life. I'm asking for God to give you that peace that passes all understanding right now. I'm so sorry for this loss and for the pain that I know you are feeling. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Katy and Jay--We love you guys and are so very sorry for you loss. I cannot imagine the pain that you are feeling right now. Norman was such a sweet boy who was loved so deeply by his parents, sister, and new baby brother. Our hearts go out to you all. Much love--Jay and Katie.

Chrisann said...

So broken hearted for you both and grieving with you. Hugs to you both. I'm holding you close.

Anonymous said...

Katy...Amy and I were both in tears when we read this. We know how a dog is a part of the family, and I know Norm was a huge part of yours. I am so sorry. Hang in there, Katy. So sorry!

Sarah Beth said...

I am seriously balling my eyes out...dogs are family and I know yall will miss him...but remember that all dogs go to Heaven!

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry, even from his pictures I could tell how handsome and very special he was, I am glad he is no longer in pain. Teary in VA, David & Hannah

Anonymous said...

PS And in the ultimate act of loyalty, they hide their pain from us in the end. Thank you for sharing, I will wag less, bark more, and hug Harry a little tighter tonight. H

Patrick Allen said...

Really sorry guys, I can only imagine how tough it would be. Stay strong.