6.13.2010

i'm a rollercoaster kinda gal

i have an old mac book and she is on the fritz. tonight i'm on jay's computer, and yes, i am going to get a new one of my own shortly (when i can get myself organized and to the mac store for the transfer!). needless to say, that's for the slacker-ness on the blog. more to come...and some fun and funny pics when i can download them of a fun night with college friends and their kiddos (from tonight) to celebrate brittany's baby jack, shower celebrating link's future cousin, and a mess of others from the week.

for now, my thoughts on a sunday:

i've had several conversations with jay, my family, my friends, lately regarding life - and how crazy it gets the older we get. :) i won't babble it all here, but i think with all the goings-on we sometimes just get so caught up we miss all the fun little details. i tell myself each night as i rock link in his room and quietly say prayers with him before bed how special this time is - after the chaos of a day of chasing him as he races around the house on all fours, pulling up on everything and then crashing down, laughing, screaming, crying, eating, smashing, rolling, just constant movement...just TOTALLY ABSORBING LIFE and everything around him (good lesson to all of us from an 8 month old!). and sometimes i just stop and remind myself that this will all too soon be a distant memory loooong before i want it to be. i'm cherishing every moment. carpe diem-ing. because i don't want to miss a thing. all of it, the ups and the downs. it's all glorious. truly amazing.

to quote my favorite philosopher, "life moves pretty fast. if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - ferris bueller

from one of my old favorites, "parenthood"

2 comments:

kinsey said...

i was seriously having the EXACT same thoughts while i rocked hank tonight (i have them often but tonight was even more reflective). life is so crazy but so so so good ;-)

Tigert Family said...

Link is so cute!! He and Cater would be a perfect match. Cater started walking a few Saturdays ago and I was in the middle of my day not really paying much attention that she was following me on FOOT. When I came to realize I sat on the floor in amazment in tears and have since tried to remember to savor every moment!! It goes so fast and these are the moments that are so perfect!!