11.12.2011

watching the thankful posts...

and have been keeping my own private file.  the only way i will keep up with this is to post it here.  i don't want to do this on Facebook, but those of you that are the few and proud will have to live with it on the blog.  :)

day 1 - a daddy that works with the force of a thousand suns to make sure his wife can be an at-home momma to his little boy.

day 2 - the workers at our gym and their effortless devotion to my son, who they call "slim" - he loves them, going to the gym, and being the life of the party

day 3 - football season - and all it implies.  glorious.  college football is a haven for me.

day 4 - my mom.  her complete devotion to her family.  her love of all things beautiful.  her patience with all of us, because she is - and i mean this, completely perfect.

day 5 - my brothers.  how they have earned my complete devotion since the day i was born.  i still worship them and know they can do no wrong.  

day 6 - my church - wilshire is our church home, i'm so thankful that God led us there and showed us where we belong.  

day 7 - our home.  i love our neighborhood and our home.  part of me wishes we could stay right here forever.

day 8 - this time in my life.  i know that someday, as hard as it is a lot of the time,  i will wish for all of this back.  I KNOW THIS.


day 9 - thankful for legs and a body that can run, for the bob stroller, and that link enjoys the ride!

day 10 - my dogs.  i have kids, and i still love my precious pups.  they put up with us and still love us unconditionally.  bless their hearts.  they are the best.

day 11 - compassion.  the holidays are upon us, and watching people show some kindness to their fellow man makes my heart melt.

day 12 - toddler love.  watching link play with his little friends.  hugging, wrestling, sharing.  it's all just amazing.

day 13 - my daddy.  I'm a daddy's girl, and for good reason.  he exemplifies all that i want to be in this life.  love him so!

4 comments:

yarger gal said...

Beautiful.

Chrisann said...

So sweet, Katy. We have so much to be thankful for - don't we? Love you.

mollie said...

love that we both said the gym :)

i'm thankful for you!!

klp said...

oops, left off number nine -
# 9 - thankful for legs and a body that can run, for the bob stroller, and that link enjoys the ride!