12.29.2012

christmas, birthdays, snow (in dallas!), family, FUN!



WHITE CHRISTMAS! reese wins!!!

i don't even know where to begin! but i want to do a a quick recap here so that reese can hear all about her first christmas someday. :) 

we have had so much fun this last week. of course this is our little reese's first christmas, and it's also the first year that link was TOTALLY on board and into the whole idea of it all. jesus birthday, santa, the excitement of the season - which just meant it was the best christmas ever for jay and me. :) the tiny wonder of our sweet new baby girl and the excitement in our three year old's eyes were just enough to make my heart bubble over every single day of this wonderful season.

so we started out last friday night with my brothers' families, my parents, and us. we went up to see my brother jarrod's new house (or as link calls it, carson's castle - carson is my youngest nephew :)) it is a beautiful very large house, so fair enough. :) then saturday we had our first family christmas at my parents new house in dallas. oh-what-fun. we had our annual link family football game, lots of food after, and lots of fun being together. 

christmas eve was a beautiful service at our church with both of our parents and dinner at kirbys after. the service was so special. link listened intently and loved singing the songs, lighting his candle, and sweet reese slept calmly in all the beautiful sounds of christmas. i LOVED every minute of it. like a dream, and what a beautiful celebration it was! christmas day we had brunch here with jay's family and my parents, and opened gifts. link came riding the scooter santa brought him into our room at 5:45am, screaming, "look what santa brought me, a lightning-the-queen scooter!!!!" (yes, i know it's lighting mcqueen, but link has his own way of saying it) so we did presents in the darkness of our living room before sunrise. :) oh my early riser! killing me! :) 

but we had a blast and then had a lot of friends come into town the days following christmas, so we had a lot of fun catching up and sharing in birthday celebrations. 

and now, a TON of pics. forgive me.


my cute kids in link's new jeep


north park santa outing


santa baby


christmas cookies with hunny


is there a better pic of xmas morning? new slippers, toy blower, superhero t-shirt? what more could a boy want - oh right, some goggles. :)


my three favorite girls - and my nieces, who inspired me to realllllllly want a little girl. LOVE THEM.


the tulsa crew got to meet reese for the first time, and they loved her oh-so-much


cousins having fun :)


three wise pritchards :)


love. ;)


getting ready for "hunny's nativity"


i mean it - i love this with all my heart!


christmas eve dinner


the stockings were hung by the chimney with care...


adorbs.


friends celebrating


the early morning gifts - see how it's pitch black outside? and the clock shows just before 6am? told ya. ;)


link taking his friend finley for a ride in the jeep


celebrating zetta's first birthday!


we love this sweet girl - happy birthday z!!!


No comments: