2.21.2005

identity theft

who are these people at the dallas police department? i hope that kunkle can do something to turn this around. because right now, they suck in my eyes.

a month ago, i got a call explaining to me that someone was trying to get credit from dell...with my information. we closed the opened account, i contacted the credit agencies and the police...which was an ordeal. it took over ten phone calls to 9-1-1 of all things, just to get to the point of leaving a message. three days after i left a message, someone called to take my report and told me an investigator would be contacting me shortly. never happened.

this weekend i have received some information with the thief's name, address, and email as the "ship to" and me as the "bill to." i have been trying to contact the police to have someone take her in for investigation, with no success. no one seems to be able to help. i have now contacted the district attorney's office. hopefully they can help. in the meantime, this woman is out there, using my info and stealing my identity.

i write this not only to warn you, but to inform you. identity theft is the fastest growing crime in america, yet i can't get anyone to simply jump in a squad car and go question this woman. i have her information in front of me right now!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. if any of you out there have any suggestions on something else i can do, please email me. katy_link@yahoo.com.

No comments: