11.15.2005

carpe diem

today i learned of the death of a close childhood friend's mom...this the third recent death that has come into my life. death is one of those things that we all at some point will realize, but all try our best to keep from our minds. i don't want to live my life worrying, but after the recent blows of the death of a close friends' grandmother, the tragic death of a friend's husband, and today, the death of a sweet mother, i was left feeling plagued with the pains of death.

my dad and i talked for a while this afternoon. my dad is just one of those people. such passion, such wisdom, such kindness. as i shared the saddness and the worries of my soul, he reminded me of what should come of this...it should serve as a reminder, that whether a loving grandmother, a godly young pastor, father, and husband, or a faithful mother, wife, and teacher...we should savour each day. there is no way of knowing when our time will come, so we should enjoy and live each day as if it is our last.

i just hope that people remember me in any of the ways i remember these fine people. as a person that lived each day to its absolute fullest, that loved their God, family, friends, and each day they were given. a person that can look back and say "i'm glad i did that!"

No comments: