11.17.2005

ouch

i stepped on a nail a couple of days ago. it went right into the center of my right big toe. wearing high heels to work is more painful to this injury than working out. yes, that's right, if i'm wearing my comfy little new balance tennies, i can go to the gym and walk with relative ease, lift weights, and do the elliptical (not quite back to running, but still...I think I'll be there today).

what does this tell you about heels? i just really think that someone didn't have their head on straight when they thought that this was a woman's only option in the workplace. well, either to wear heels or to look 'not-cute'. my mom always told me,"looking cute takes work, no pain no gain."

i don't remember heels of these extremes being popular in my mom's schoolteacher days, and i defintiely know that she's ever stepped on a nail before. i'm thinking we women need to band together and come up with some sort of rational alternative, at least for those inflicted with injury. ugh.

No comments: