6.25.2007

dads and their boys

i have the best brothers on earth. this is a fact, so there really isn't any point in arguing with me on the topic. this weekend, they (the bro's and their wives, joy and shannon) pulled off one of their greatest stunts yet and i am pretty proud of them.

my dad loves convertibles. always has, always will. after a terribly frustrating 'car year' (i'll spare you the long story), my brothers' families decided to play santa and get him the car he has always wanted, but as a minister, not felt like he should really purchase.

yesterday our entire family drove to the halfway point between dallas and tulsa (where my brother, josh lives with his family) to surprise my dad. jay and i were tasked with riding with dad and coming up with conversation to try and distract him from whatever the "good news" that josh wanted to "tell him in person" was..."are they moving? new job? what is it?!?!" it was very hard to keep a straight face.


as my brothers drove up...my dad was saying, "what's going on here?"



i'm not sure if he's bowing down to my brothers or the car!


cutie patooties


we followed them the entire way home, and i swear that grin never came off his face!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love that all this worked out so perfect. What a great day for everyone to share. I am, however, a bit worried about Josh's shirt! What an awesome family you have!