8.10.2007

sunday school sunbeam

if you don't know who paige patterson is, then i have to say congrats. thankfully you must not be one of the freaky fundementalists that follow him (or someone like me who has to hear about his crazy rants). he runs what was, not too long ago, a fabulous seminary.

i just read this article entitled "baptist seminary launching homemaking program" in the dallas morning news. my stomach hurts, seriously.

he has come up with another (insert sarcasm here) plan to make the seminary wives (aren't there seminary husbands, too?!?) perfect betty homemakers. since when do christian women need to go to seminary to know how to love their children and family? i don't know of a more godly woman and spectacular mother than my mom (and she did not attend these seminary classes arranged by paige patterson, i can promise you that). i am so thankful that she raised me to have an open mind and to think for myself. lavon will not be happy about this latest development.

and as my mom always said: when mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

i wonder if they teach that in their classes... ; )

No comments: