1.26.2009

neighborhood services

oh mommy!  jay and i just got back from our first visit to the highly anticipated new dallas restaurant,  neighborhood services.  

oh.  my.  goodness.  that was a little piece of heaven.  as a self-proclaimed "foodie" little makes me more happy than a good meal.  especially when it's within my 'hood.  this place comes to you from the same peeps that put together hibiscus, which as any dallas native will tell you, is an obvious top 3 dallas restaurant (we are too frequent of visitors!).  so anyway, we have been cooking at home more this month, part of a new years resolution to eat better and to save cash.  tonight, we blew both.  fresh green chile crab dip, steak frites, three cheese mac au gratin, pan fried chicken...oh my!  it was a FAB meal and the atmosphere was just as spectacular.  this experience will definitely make the new "rotation" and i am thrilled to have finally made the trip!  glad i ran today - and may have to run double-time tomorrow to make up for it, but i PROMISE, it's worth it!!

so go check it out, right by my office, at lovers and inwood.  definitely a new favorite.

2 comments:

Tigert Family said...

Well my mouth is watering for all that yummy food. I forgot about the fan in the car! That really made the car! I love your blog and look forward to seeing all the things you and Jay are up too!

Unknown said...

I've heard about said restaurant, and until I require the appropriate funds I am living vicariously through you. :)