6.19.2005

my big-fat-family-weekend

this weekend was so much fun. my parents do something called "cousin's camp" every year for my nephews and nieces, and each year i have the honor of being a part of it. soooooooo, all day saturday was spent swimming, eating at bubba's, seeing 'madagascar', just playing with kiddos...and it could not have been more fun.

today for father's day we spent the day in arlington with the parents. in addition to it being father's day, it was also my dad's 20th anniversary at first baptist. i could not have been prouder of my parents...so many people, so many grown men, for that matter, with tears in their eyes talking about my dad! this morning they recognized my parents, tonight they had a reception type deal, and it was all just so sincere and wonderful. my dad always talks to me about how with your own family you leave a legacy, whether good or bad. i can't think of a better legacy to leave to my brothers and me. of love, sarcasm, patience, humor, kindness, passion (especially for OU football), consistancy, integrity and a christ-like attitude. i hope i haven't come across as being cheesy, but gosh-dangit, i just love those guys.

No comments: