6.09.2005

ooooooooooooh my.

today jay and i went out at lunch and looked at some apartments downtown. i don't really want to give out my work (primary) email to these people, not knowing if i will be interested, and/or hounded...so i give my "safe" email. you know, that email you have soley for the purpose of receiving junk mail or "special offer" sign ups to, my yahoo address.

Leasing person: "Could I have your email address, please?"

Me: "Sure, it's katy_link@yahoo.com," I replied.

i watched, in private hysterics i might add, as rachelle, the leasing consultant, wrote out the address i had just given: katyunderscorelink@yahoo.com.

really?? REALLY??

i mean, come on, how many times a day is she probably given email addresses, and how many times has she done this? has no one told her, or has everyone been like me...laughing so hard inside you are scared to open your mouth, for fear you'd say, "you idiot, underscore, underscore, the damn symbol!!"

i'm sad to tell you, my friends, this was an exercise that once again proved to me that the average american is just not very bright...bless rachelle's heart.

giggle.

No comments: